Hidden Countertop Supports and Brackets
The Granite Bracket Standard Plus is a multi-purpose product since it has two functions. It can be used
as a support bracket for an island countertop. Its other function is it can be used as a pony or knee in-
wall support. The images below show how this product can be used as an in-wall support to a pony or
knee wall’s overhang.
The only difference between the Granite Bracket Standard and the Granite Bracket Standard Plus is on
the back of the Standard Plus bracket, there is a 1 ½ inch flange. This added feature will provide
additional support for more complicated installations and placements.
The Standard Plus version has five mounting points since it has the usual four mounting points on the
top of a bracket and an additional one on its rear. The product has drilled and countersunk holes for the
installation using #12 wood screws.
Features of the Hidden Countertop Support
- Completely hidden which results to a floating effect of the
- Made of approximately ½ inch by 2 ½ inch American steel
- Milled and finished by experts
- Very easy to assemble and install
- The bracket has a safe edge on its
- Uses 5 mounting points for added support
- Uses powder coat for a rust-free finish, instead of regular paint
- Offers 2 color options- black or white powder coat
- Comes with #12 wood screws to be used for installation
What size countertop support will you need?
If you’re wondering what size of the in-wall bracket you should use, the most important thing to remember is the size of the in-wall bracket will be the size of your overhang. The best explanation is if you want hidden in-wall brackets, you’d make sure to keep them around 4 inches back from the edge of the overhang. If a 10-inch bracket is needed, the overhang should have 6 inches of support under it and another 4 inches from the knee wall.